Monday, March 16, 2015

Power Point Presentation "Our Trip" at the Ladies Luncheon at Church

 Nick & I are enjoying the church here in town - East Valley Church of the Nazarene.  Several weeks ago while enjoying a evening service there - I was asked to come and share at the upcoming March Ladies luncheon, about our trip to Asia!

"Oh I would be delighted!" I said!

 So Nick & I took a power point class at the local library here in Apache Junction and got to work!  It was a lot of preparation going through pictures and pictures of our trip to Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand then into Cambodia and then to Indonesia. And quite emotional too...going through all the pictures again!  WONDERFUL!

But Saturday 12 noon came and I am thankful to say it all went well...thanks to the Lord!


I had brought along a display of things to share & gifts we have received!






Also the jewelry made of magazines by the ladies in Salatiga, Java  "Beads of Java" 




Beads of Java 
 I was so pleased - a few were sold!  KC-04-150x150-baru
 Outside of a few mishaps on the power point - it went well - and I am thankful to have had the opportunity to share it!

"Boy I sure get excited about our trip!'

Those 16 months have filled our hearts with such precious memories of people and places!  Oh it was such a special time together!

Next time I hope Nick & I can do a presentation  together - that will be fun!

So we will continue to work on it and be prepared to share it back home in Bend when we return in May!

I am very grateful to have had the experience this week! 
Thank you Susan & Gladys for asking!

A true blessing! 
 the women are cutting the paper
Girls back in Java making the jewelry from magazines!

No comments:

Post a Comment